We prioritise your safety and don’t compromise your pocket!
Registration No 227477
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
If your condensing boiler stops working in cold weather your condensate pipe could be frozen
- To check go to outlet pipe (normally white pipe) at drain
- Feel end of pipe, if ice blocking end remove as much as possible
- Pour hot water over pipe and outlet and repeat until water flows from boiler
- Reset boiler
- Keep an eye on it so it doesn’t freeze again
If you have run out of gas
- Get a top up
- With boiler off:
- Add top up
- Reset meter using yellow instruction label on front of meter
- Reset regulator (if applicable – above meter)
- Reset boiler
How to bleed your radiators - if your radiators are cold at the top and hot at the bottom when your heating is on
- To bleed turn heating off
- Undo bleed valve slightly until air starts coming out (if no air after one turn it may be blocked and you will require a call out)
- Once water starts to come out close bleed and be careful not to over tighten
- Check boiler pressure on boiler, if applicable and top up as per low system pressure below
Low system pressure?
System pressure should be around 1-1.5 bar when cold.
To top up:
- Locate fill loop (normally has a silver flexible hose)
- Slowly open fill valve (a plastic thumb tap)
- If 2 taps (one at each end) open one fully and second one slowly
- Watch needle on pressure gauge rise and once on 1-1.5 bar close tap(s)
If you are unsure of carrying out any of the above instructions please give us a call and we will arrange a call out.
DEGAS accept no liability for any damage or harm caused whilst following these instructions.
If in doubt – call us out!
86 Longlands Park,
We generally cover the below areas
Jobs outside these areas may be possible – please telephone us to discuss.